08 October 2010

Welcome to my world

Today is Friday, 8 Oct 2010.

Late come to office. Darlene complaint headache…cry all the way to school. Still have to force her going to school. No choice.

Reach office, my table full of papers. Don’t know where to begin. Finally begin with other people work than slowly mine.

Receive an email about excel training. Thought of joining since my office everything also in manual. It would be great if excel could help me on analysis, report and my works. KFC/PH/KA/RA whole Malaysia, don’t know how they maintain the list manually all this while. Boss said NO! coz two days training in a week for 3 week too much.

The Project Manager come to me and ask some information, refuse to refer to my report last Thursday. When my turn to ask him information, he just ignore me.

Two my project at Johor stop work. One at Pahang and another one at Kota Bahru, Kelantan has been resolve and this morning the manager at Penang sending demolish notice from council. Don’t know who to blame. The Architect? Who consistently helping us in negotiating with council people, but fail to submit our plans because not enough documentation, keep on accepting our work, not enough time, runner, workers, etc. Property department? because not enough documentation supply by them. The landlord? Because being difficult to get for documentation, signing, etc, etc…or me? Myself? Because too busy with reporting, chasing, submitting plan to Architect and landlord, contractor performance, invoices, clearing my table and email, answering the calls, then…totally forgot to follow up on the submission from Architect to council? Hmmm….

Manual system to appoint the architect for more than 150 restaurants, submit hundreds of plan to the relevant parties, track around 150 restaurants - submission to local authority, reporting the document status, reporting the submission status, reporting the contractor performance, reporting the consultant performance, reporting to our franchisor, process the invoices. Let alone all other task that being done in manual and all by ME! No back up, no support, nobody wants to know what I am doing and nobody care. As long the submission is done and the documentation is there, so they can start work. That’s all they care. But what to do, we have department KPI, KPI means Bonus, Bonus means money, money means survive for me and my daughter. [sigh……..]

Life have to move on...so now preparing the minutes and contractor performance. They want it urgently, eh wait, who going to follow up on my submission, still alot pending.....after they stop work again, blame me again.....[sigh......]