08 September 2013

Cold Sore

I have this so call "Cold Sore" at the corner of my mouth. This is not my first attack this year and I started to get annoyed by it. Usually it will take few days to heal itself, but this time it longer and more pain.

So I decided to see doctor to seek some advice. The doctor ask me if I have this condition before within 6 months. I told her, yes I have it several time this year. Then, on she explain that this is what we call as cold sore.

Not my lips ar...just an example of
nasty outbreak of Cold Sore
If you Google, you'll find a lot of information about it. Cold Sore also known as Fever Blisters. When I Google, some of articles relate it with oral sex...which as far as I remember and in my best sober knowledge all these time...I don't have any. Boyfriend pun takdak!

Anyway, doctor said, other reason could be I sharing food or utensil with someone who have it. I don't see anyone have it around me. Right now it only me. So on and on she explain...it also could happen when you are stress, too much exposure to sunlight, menstruation, etc, etc...can't remember what else she told me. But this one could be true. I am stress with work and home. Not sure about the sunlight though... The shocking part is she said, there is one type of virus causing the cold sore and it cannot be cured. I rolling my eyes in front of her. When it happen, that mean you have this virus in your body, and the virus most likely will attack you at your most vulnerable time such as your immune system very low at the time or when you stress too much. And this thing can attack you few times a year!

Woa...that mean I have this virus inside of me. Well, the good thing, at least now I know what it is that keep on 'visiting' me once a while. So next time when it 'visit' me again I know what to do to prevent it to surface.

Just to share few tips if you have this thing as well. You will know it will coming because you can feel the tingling  burning sensation on your mouth (it always attack at the same area). So either you can apply the cream the doctor gave to you or can pat an ice to it for few minute until the sensation feeling go away. If you lucky the bump won't come out. If not...then you have to see doctor to get some medication. Like me now..i am on medication that I have to take every 3 hours a day...haish...susahnya.

Since I will live with this thing keep on visiting me in the future...so I guess I have to find more info and how to prevent the outbreak....hmmm...any other good tips?